Health & Safety at G R Carr
G.R.Carr aspires to the highest levels of Health, Safety and Environmental performance with our NEBOSH qualified Health & Safety Manager at the forefront, our system being accredited to OHSAS 18001 and environmental management system accredited to ISO 14001. We have a proven track record of completing contracts safely in COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) tier facilities for over 40 years, such as Oil Refineries, Oil and Gas Storage facilities, Utilities Plants, Chemical Facilities, Waste Treatment Plants and the experience now extends out toward Nuclear sites.
Our safety programme puts human performance, standard and expectations in the spotlight to help us achieve safety excellence across every facet of our business. It is driven by five simple but powerful principles.
• Zero harm to people
• Zero harm to the environment
• Zero regulatory breaches
• Zero product failure
• Zero reputation damage to our clients or our company
To help us meet our vision of Zero Harm, we ensure our workers are at the forefront of our efforts by encouraging, engaging and enabling their involvement in managing risks. This culture is fundamental to our H&S vision both in the present and for the future.
Our sound safety culture is reflected in our safety record, with the recent completion of a major contract at Bunsfield, over 200,000 man hours without a lost time injury.
As a part of the continuing development we have an H&S training plan in place, with both Managers and supervisors achieving the IOSH Managing Safely qualification, with members of the workforce achieving the IOSH Working Safely qualification. All site operatives hold relevant CSCS or CCNSG Safety Passports.
In addition to those already stated we have gained accreditation from the following bodies: Achilles UVDB, F4N (Fit for Nuclear)
Being able to demonstrate this commitment at all levels and effectively monitor progress requires a pragmatic structured HSE ethos.
Clients needs will vary from project to project, but we pride ourselves in meeting and surpassing our client’s expectations. Whilst we always hold ourselves to the highest level of safety, any site or project specific needs will always be met. Some examples include confined space operatives (all levels), IPAF, Asbestos Awareness and NPORS (Various plant operators tickets) to name a few.
If we do not mention the skills you need, please get in touch to discuss further.
Control of the following areas allow us a platform for continual improvement:
- Enabling Safety as a value – Visible leadership, leading safety in all areas
- Worksite Hazard Management – Hazard recognition tools & framework
- Competency - Fit for purpose training and testing
- Mitigate Incidents – Focus on historical industry accidents, trends and learnings
- Behavioural Based Safety – Observation programs put in place, trended, actioned
- Company Integrity and Process Safety – Ensuring Preventative Maintenance programmes are in place
- Workplace Safety – Ensure a workplace free of harm
- Consequence Management – Accountability for people to comply
Call us today
G R Carr
Burnt Mills Industrial Estate,